Sunday, April 1, 2007

Chweeeet Neighbours!!!!


In a city like Chennai, most of us stay in flats only. And I stay in one such flat. There are a lot of families who move in and out of the flat. This post is about such neighbours.
It was a vacation time. I was sleeping in my room. Someone knocked the door. I lazily went and opened the door. No one was there, I looked down. There was standing a hero. He was smart, handsome and cute. He got into the house without my permission. I was just staring at him. He sat near the television and started watching it. Just then my sister came to the hall. “Hey! He is Amar. Yesterday he came to our house. He is my friend.” This was how I met Amar first. He was 4 years old then. He talks too much. He was a great fan of Rani Mukherji. After that day, daily he came to our house. Since my parents are working, my sister and I used to be alone in home. He likes Maggi Noodles a lot. We became close friends. Daily he used to wake me up. He says “Didi! Bahuth Gandhi ho. Jaake nahaake aao.” (Means your dirty go and take bath). Till he sleeps he will be in our home only. He has rasam rice in our house and his mom complains that he crushes and mixes chapatti like rasam rice while eating. Two months passed. We both became best friends. The day came, when his father got a transfer and he had to move again to Rajasthan. I cannot forget the day when he cried to leave us and move with his parents. His mom was not able to control him and she slapped him. He left our house crying.
After that, for 2 weeks we spoke about him. Everyone in my family missed him. And after college started I forgot him. Two years later, again a new angel came to our flat. Her name is Apsa. She was a cute, chweet, 2yrs old girl. She became a pet for our entire flat. Everyone would love to play with her. She is such a clean girl. She eats neatly, dresses up nicely. She watches Surya and Jyothika on television with great interest. And my sister and I taught her the words I love you. And she pronounces in her cute voice as “Eye Lev U”. She went around telling this to everyone in flat. After 6 months or so, even their family moved. I do not know if this is an important experience about which I should have posted. But I am sure everyone would be having this kind of experience in their life.
After completing my college, I went for an interview. I cleared the prelims and was asked to meet the HR for final round of interview. I entered the room and the interviewer was in 30’s. His expression changed when he looked at me. I felt he was thinking about something deeply. He went through my resume and he told my nickname, my mom’s and dad’s job correctly. I was surprised. Then he asked me if I have ever stayed in Nungambakkam area in Chennai. I told him yes. But still I was not able to recognize him. And he asked if I remember anyone by name “SARAVANAN”. I looked at his name plate as Saravanan. But definitely I dint remember him then. I nodded no. Actually I was confused and little irritated. Then he asked question related to job. After then the interview was complete, he gave his number and asked my mom to call him when I get back home. By then I have guessed that he could be our family friend. While leaving he smiled and told me that it was very easy for him to recognize me.
I came home and I told my mom about this. She was surprised and she told me that Saravana was studying in 9th std. when I was 3 year old kid and He used to play only with me. I could understand that he has got the same kind of memories that I have with Apsa and Amar. Hope I too meet them somewhere. But Will I be able to recognise them?

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Very nice post. It brought so many nice memories for me too. Thanks.

Selvi

Premma said...

thanx sangi and selvi..